End of Year Goals
There are exactly eight full weeks until the end of the year. Right about now, I’m checking in with my end of the year goals. Have I accomplished everything I wanted in this year? What didn’t I work toward? Is there a reason behind why? Maybe it’s not a passion anymore. Maybe it wasn’t the right time and place. Maybe other things came up? Better, happier things?
For myself, I set one month, six months, and twelve-month goals. I often stick more with the six-month goals, as the months sometimes get away from me too fast. But also, I enjoy putting too big of tasks in my monthly goals. It’s a goal of mine to create smaller goals.
This year was rather difficult to set goals because I knew I was moving to Florida but I had no job lined up and I also knew this wasn’t a permanent home, so I’ve been settling with half my foundation unfinished. It was complicated to make a list of goals when I didn’t know how to predict the year before me. I had one massive goal in mind and that was to published my finish novel.
AND I DID!
By doing so, it created a clearer path for the rest of the year. Suddenly from June to now, my schedule has only gotten more hectic and demanding. Connections are being created, projects are being discovered … I’m paving a path I’ll work toward as an author. That’s still only one aspect of my life though, and one that doesn’t really bring in an income—yet.
While my goals and to do lists have only grown since June, it’s been more important now than ever to remain on top of everything. Whether that be personal goals or work goals.
So for the remaining eight weeks, here’s what I plan to do. If I put it out in the universe, assuming it’s already set and done, it’ll happen.
- Launch Merch Store (COMING VERY SOON).
- Sell thirty copies of Underneath the Whiskey by Christmas.
- Publish wide on my novel. Hello iBook and Google Play! I’m coming for you.
- Finally, create a Newsletter.
- Complete Nano 30 Day Blog challenge (hello day 6!)
- Announce something exciting at the end of November!
- Add a secret something to my resume
- Work hard enough to have a full two weeks off with my family and friends for Christmas
- Make a list of jobs I want to apply for up north in the spring
- Start mastering requirements
- Do Yoga every morning before work (something I’ve been working toward for months, but I did it today!)
- No longer press snooze on the alarm!
- Celebrate New Year’s Eve (often I don’t get out).
- Travel to Philadelphia
- Finish my end of year TBR list
- See all the movies coming out before Christmas (there’s SO many).
- Christmas at Hollywood Studios
- Go kayaking and hiking in nature that (gasp) Florida does have.
All of these are attainable goals, all but maybe my TBR list that’s pretty ambitious, but I’m a workaholic and love to challenge myself, so we shall see! So far, I’m completely on track with everything I want to be, which doesn’t happen often. So here’s to the next eight weeks!
What are your end of the year goals?