I love that …
There is a lot of negativity in the world today and even when there isn’t, there is a lot of negativity that wells up inside of us and can often dictate how we choose to live our lives.
But today, I don’t want to focus on the negativity. I want to focus on the positivity. Even if we aren’t outright negative, it’s often hard for us to come up with things that we love about ourselves. Let’s be honest, sometimes it’s hard to come up with things we just like about ourselves.
So I want to start this as a challenge for myself and for you as well. Reply in the comments, post on your social media, or just write it down for you to have. But take this moment to really reflect within you. Don’t focus on the negativity. What do you honestly love about yourself?
I love that …
- I am a giver–I love to put others before myself.
- I am a warrior–I have strength within me that I never knew possible.
- I have written a book that has touched the most important people in my life.
- I am accomplishing my dreams.
- I am a dreamer–nothing is too big, too small, too silly, or too extreme.
- I have inspired and helped others–I am becoming the person I always needed.
- I have learned how to take care of myself.
- I have learned the warning signs of when to take care of myself.
- I am passionate, compassionate, and caring.
- I am a hard-worker.
- I am a believer–I prefer to give everyone the benefit of the doubt when possible.
- I am aspiring, hoping, living, feeling, exploring, and nourishing.
- I am short and petite.
- I am still here on this Earth and I didn’t give up.
- I have the most incredible family and friends–even when things are hard, I wouldn’t trade them for the world.
- Said people above have never once told me I couldn’t live my dreams and instead have helped me pursue them further.
- I am fortunate enough to live on my own, have a wonderful job, and pursue my dreams all at the same time.
- I am able to create this list. A couple years ago this wouldn’t have been possible.
- I love myself.
So tell me, what do you love about you? Can’t think of anything? Take a deep breath, close your eyes, and dig deep within you. Maybe what you love about yourself is that you can take a moment to listen to you.