Manifest Your Chapter
I had the intention to write a letter to my 25-year-old self. I wanted to reflect on the 24 years that I have lived on this planet and what I’ve learned and discovered. When I was 23, I wrote a letter to my 16-year-old self and it was cathartic, so after a friend of mine said she did the same at 25, I was convinced!
However, this came through on my horoscope this weekend and it made me look at things in a different light. For those who know me, you know I believe in the Universe and some kind of higher power. I believe in karma and things happening for a reason even when you don’t always know why. I also like to believe in horoscopes–if anything, to give me positive reassurance in my life. I’ve found the Daily Horoscope app has my horoscope spot on, most of the time. Honestly, it becomes eerie sometimes.
As a writer, I often think about my character’s stories and their chapters. I think about how different aspects in their life add up to create an entire book, but while there are chapters within a book, it is only a large chapter of those characters’ lives.
I’ve said things in my life in terms of a chapter closing or a new chapter beginning, but I had never looked at a new chapter in this light. I’m very much so in a new chapter of my life, so instead, I wanted to manifest where I see this next year taking me. I imagine 25 will be a very abundant and prosperous year for me, especially since six days into August it has already started to prove itself. So what will be accomplished?
- Go to all Disney Parks more than once (excluding water parks).
- Go to Disney Parks to just observe and write (sorry not sorry, excited about season passes).
- Read 50 books (reread half of HP series).
- Finish 2nd book, be in final stages by 26th birthday.
- Hopefully release book 2, summer of 2018!
- Have half of 1st draft of 3rd book written.
- Go to Book Con 2018
- Continue to mentor at my old high school (possibly get into another school too).
- (Meet!!!) and have an awesome book signing with Sam, Paul, and Brittany!
- Connect with more readers and writers!
- Have at least 2-3 other author events–one in NY and one in FL.
- Continual focus on self-care and listening to what I need–sometimes you have to say no to others.
- Most importantly–be proud of who I am, what I’ve accomplished, and where I am going.
I imagine there will be some travel within there! Hoping to get to a few cities in Florida before I head back to New York, and visit some states on my drive home instead of just driving through! Maybe Philadelphia? Michelle, I’m looking at you! There’s plenty more on the list, but this is what I know I can accomplish without knowing where my world may go! A lot can change in a year, six months, and even a week.
One of the biggest lessons I’ve learned in life is manifesting what you’d like to happen in your life. If you place it out into the world and nurture the idea, more often than not, it’ll come to you.
So tell me, what do you manifest for this year? And how do you calculate the year? Is it by January 1st or your birthday? I tend to set goals for both. So these goals I plan to complete by August 2018, but I have other goals set in place for Jan 1st, 2018. So tell me what your year or half year goals are and how you plan to achieve them!